Incredible Music is a Lagos-based, internationally-focused record label committed to creating high-quality music, treating artists well, working collaboratively with other creatives, and appreciating the fans that support our work. In addition to working with artists like M.I. Abaga and Loye, Incredible Music also produces The Hip Hop Event and the Incredible Music Festival.
The General Manager at Incredible Music is a dynamic leader who can turn big picture visions into real-life outcomes. This person stays on top of industry trends and best practices, practices leadership emergence, understands consumer psychology, and can manage multiple projects at once with a proactive approach towards problem-solving. The position will include overseeing the artist and project management functions of the label; leading project teams; driving marketing and promotional efforts; fundraising and budget management; and systems development. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the music industry, strong project management skills, an ability to establish and build relationships, and a passion for supporting artists’ growth and success.
Artist and Project Management
- Lead the artist and project management functions within Incredible Music
- Support artist growth and development from a wholistic perspective
- Develop and implement effective strategies for artist development, project delivery, new market entry, brand building, and career growth
- Work with Head of A&R and artist to define project goals, timelines, and deliverables
- Provide guidance, support, and structure to project teams throughout entire project lifecycle, including monitoring and (re)evaluation
- Ensure administrative oversight for projects, including working with distributors, submitting songs to PROs, keeping track of deliverables to partners, etc.
Marketing and Promotions
- Develop and execute marketing and promotions strategies to maximize visibility, growth, and impact of artists and projects
- Work closely with content and communications teams to creative innovative and engaging campaigns across various platforms and channels
- Ideate and help execute engaging fan and community experiences
- Identify and develop partnerships with marketing collaborators and help pitch the label and artists where appropriate
- Collaborate with artists to create compelling artist branding and marketing materials
- Monitor and analyze marketing and promotional efforts, adjusting strategies as needed
- Actively create a culture of diversity, inclusion, and equity throughout all Incredible Music projects and activities
- Work with social impact team to integrate social impact opportunities into all Incredible Music projects and activities
- Be proactive in learning, unlearning, and thinking critically around social impact issues
- Act in a way, both privately and publicly, that’s aligned with Incredible Music’s nonoppressive and do no harm values
Team Building and Leadership
- Supervise teams while creating opportunities for leadership emergence, professional development, and growth
- Ensure effective coordination and collaboration amongst team members to deliver high-quality projects on time and within budget
- Participate in building a culture of teamwork, collaboration, co-creation, brainstorming, and communication alongside project implementation and execution
Collaborations and Partnerships
- Identify opportunities for artist and label collaborations, both within the organization and with external partners
- Establish and nurture relationships with industry professionals, influencers, artists, and other stakeholders, both in Nigeria and abroad, to help grow the label’s footprint and create opportunities for the label and artists
- Identify, negotiate, and secure partnerships, syncs and licensing agreements, sponsorships, and other opportunities to grow the impact of both the label and our artists
Budgeting and Resource Management
- Develop project budgets and allocate resources effectively
- Monitor project expenditures and ensure adherence to budgetary constraints
- Identify cost-saving opportunities and optimize resource allocation for maximum efficiency
Industry Trends, Insights, and Best Practices
- Stay updated on latest developments and best practices in the music industry, including marketing techniques, digital tools, and fan engagement practices
- Conduct market research and competitor analysis to understand and identify opportunities for growth, collaboration, and innovation
- Provide insights and recommendations on business, marketing, and other growth strategies
- Collaborative, communicative, transparent, with an understanding of generative conflict, organizational development, and co-creation
- Complex understanding of arts-for-change and entertainment education practices
- Proven experience in artist and project management within the music industry
- In-depth knowledge of the new music industry, artist development practices, independent label best practices, and project delivery processes; previous record label experience is a plus
- Nuanced understanding of both the Nigerian and global music industry landscapes, with an ability to bridge the two
- Ability to turn big ideas into real-life outcomes, with attention to detail, proactive-problem solving, and innovative thinking
- Understanding of organizational development and consumer psychology is a plus
- Exceptional project management, networking, leadership, budgeting, campaign development, and budgeting skills
- Passion for music, a keen ear for talent, concern for fan relationships, and a dedication to supporting artists’ growth and success
- Interest in being part of building something from the ground up
This is a full-time position based in Lagos, Nigeria. Some travel will be required. Night and weekend work will be required.
This position reports to the Incredible Music President.
To apply, please click the button below and fill the form. Due to the high volume of applicants, we will be unable to respond to every application. Those short-listed for interviews will be contacted via email. The position is open until filled.